Friday, December 28, 2012

Back!




Time really flies haha. I have decided to revive this blog because I need somewhere to write everything out and keeping a diary is way too boring (: Had a really hard time choosing blogskins this afternoon and sadly, I have no idea why the HTMLs are broken :( Then I had to use the normal templates and blogskins from Blogger. Sigh. The blog looks so princessy now LOL and I'm not a girly-girl fyi, its just that I was unable to get other nice backgrounds from Blogger. I changed my favicon to a pink rose but it just doesn't show on the computer as it did on my phone. By the way, my blog title is supposed to mean "Live. Love. Laugh." in French. Credits to Google Translate (:

I read through my previous posts dating back to 2010 and they are very lame and the tone of voice sounds so childlike haha. Feeling so old now ._. Actually I tried to blog on Tumblr during the end of 2011 but it kinda failed. I'm feeling so dumb now because no one blogs on Tumblr HAHA. 2012 is coming to an end soon :( Honestly, I don't remember doing a lot of interesting activities this year. For the most of this year, I was so busy that I nearly went crazy once haha. I only recall going to school, eating, studying and sleeping. Such a sad life right? Jkjk. There were some interesting events this year though. Warning: this post shall be a long one to make up for my absence for nearly 2 years LOL.

January 2012
A new class, new people, a new environment. I wasn't expecting Year 3 to be that stressful. I guess it was only this stressful due to my subject combination. My MEP friends experienced the same amount of pain and stress this year HAHA. Truthfully, I thought my classmates would not be so competitive since my class is not one of those with a gifted subject. However, I was wrong... Well, I was still in SC during January and it was madness. I never left school earlier than 7pm for the whole of January till I quit SC and I never slept earlier than 1.30am.

February 2012
Execution of Year 1 Class Committee Training event was successful :) I really have to thank my right-hand-man a.k.a. my Assistant In-Charge Mr Tay Jun Le HAHA. Well, I quit SC soon after the end of the event because I wasn't doing well in schoolwork and I was always sick. I really loved to be a part of SC but due to my commitments and academics, I had to quit the Council :( I have never regret being a part of this lovely family before, glad that I had a chance to be in SC :)

March 2012
I went for Theory exam during the holidays and I am quite satisfied with the results considering the fact that I didn't really had the time to study :) However, I was very disappointed with my academics as I missed out too much during the first term as I was constantly so drowsy for the whole of the first 3 months. Chinese Orchestral practices were very frequent as well due to the upcoming performance in April.

April 2012
Chinese Orchestra's annual concert was quite a success I would say. Another busy month for me.

May 2012
I couldn't really recall anything about this month except for going to school, studying, eating, sleeping. Oh and I did very badly for the Common Tests because I didn't have time to catch-up on all the topics that I did not understand AT ALL, which consists of everything we have learnt in the first half of the year.

June 2012
This was not a holiday at all. Its really a scam ._. I only remember rushing through homework, relaxing a little and the family trip to Genting Highlands. I'm not really fond of going to that place as there is nothing much there. Its so crowded all the time! Although its a little chilly, its still so humid. Sigh, why is South-East Asia so humid. Oh, and I missed the CO leisure camp again because I was sick from the trip to Genting Highlands. I also went for the CO EXCO interview this holiday and I didn't get in. Oh well. I'm not disappointed because if I got into EXCO, I will be a walking zombie once again as how I was like when I was in SC

July 2012
Madness. IDMI project and presentation. Tests. Homework. Okay, nothing exciting happened during July.

August 2012
Great, we had Common Tests again. I went for my Grade 8 piano exam and I was quite satisfied with the results although I could do much better if I had more time to practice (: I was aiming for a 140/150 but I didn't really practice my scales so I guess I was quite lucky to be able to get somewhere close to my target. They always say: Aim for the moon, because if you don't reach it, you land on the stars. SO TRUE (: I didn't do very well for my Common Tests this time round too. I managed to pass everything except for Math 2 and I guess I'm one of the last in class :(

September 2012
MEP  EOYs were a killer. There were so many components to study: History, Analysis, Practical and I still had my Grade 7 cello exam plus the all-time horrifying Common Tests AGAIN. With that little time I had, I was quite satisfied with my MEP results though I dropped a little haha. At least I'm in the Q2 range overall for MEP (: I was very disappointed with my cello practical exam due to the lack of practice :( I was hoping for a distinction but I only scored a merit. Sigh. Shall try harder for Grade 8. I almost had a heart attack 2 weeks before my cello exam as my cello teacher rejected Annabel to play the piano accompaniment last minute and I had to find an accompaniment at such a short notice. Tsktsk. Miss Low really saved me this time round or I would have failed my cello exam. Thanks Miss Low! As usual, I scored horribly for many mini class tests, assignments and the Common Tests.

October 2012
This month was hell. I really didn't have the time to study for the EOYs and I only managed to read through the notes a day or two before the exam. I was quite happy that the majority were Bs though, with the exception of Math 2. Forever Ds. I couldn't be bothered about Math 2 anymore argh. School ended at the end of this month and I was glad that I can finally catch up on my sleep and do some revision and practice. I guess I was quite lucky this year as I don't really deserve my results with 0 studying time.

November 2012
I went to Gold Coast with my family this month and Australia is awesome (: I went to Melbourne once when I was 2 but I don't have any memories of that trip LOL. Did some revision for Math and I have not started on any homework HAHA. I went for Steven Isserlis's concert with the SSO and he was so good. He's one of the best cellists I've ever heard.

December 2012
Went for busking and an event this month and it was so tiring to bring the cello along ._. I'm quite happy with the earnings though its not alot (: Its really hard earned money heehee. I played very badly for my piano teacher's playing class :( Very disappointed with myself. Gosh, I'm only done with 1% of holiday homework. SAVE ME D:

Overall, this year passed pretty fast I would say. I had been very grumpy and a complain queen during the school year. I apologise and thank my parents and all those friends and teachers of mine who have tolerated my temper and complaints all these while. The group of people who really understand me are my MEP friends because all of us experience the same pain D: Many of my other friends would always encourage me to drop an instrument because of my inability to cope because they don't understand. I'm really grateful to these friends as well, but its just a music thing. Only my music teachers and friends could understand. On top of that, many teachers are unable to understand why we have to devote so much time to music. Well, everyone is able to play music. Its a matter of being good or not. Many caring academic teachers of mine have helped me pull through this tumultuous year but they would always persuade me to focus more on academics instead of practicing piano or cello for my exam and lessons. Although what they said were correct, but we all have different perspectives and goals. So naturally, my focus would be on music. I think I have changed alot this year. I feel like some outdated kid omg. People of my age listen to K-pop and other kinds of pop music but I prefer classical music ._. Feeling so out. I would not know how to react when other girls are fangirling haha. I wonder how does it feel like to be a fangirl haha. All that excitement in the air (: Oh and I have to stock up on new clothes because most of my wardrobe is made up of clothes which I have worn from Primary 5 onward. I feel like such a kiddo with all the childish printed tees instead of blouses ><

I have to sleep soon because its really late now at 1.51am. Cya!